[arch-dev-public] Qt 4.6.0

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:06:43 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am still not sure if we can move Qt 4.6 to [testing] or even [extra]. In
> theory it should be comptabile with all previous 4.x releases but my
> experience tells me that there might be broken things.
>
> So it would be nice if you have a look at my packages and give some feedback.
> https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/packages/{i686,x86_64}/
>
> Pierre
> --
>
> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

I bumped my local qt installation to your package. So far everything
seems to be working just fine (just some basic desktop usage so far),
as it did with the previous qt version. Let's see in the next couple
of days how it behaves under normal usage.

I know about all this qt source and binary compatibility and such, but
do you have any idea about performance? Would recompiling important
desktop packages like kdelibs/kdebase have a noticable performance
increase or would this be just marginally?

Ronald