[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.32-1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Dec 5 10:46:32 EST 2009

Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Allan McRae schrieb:
>> That works for me.  I initially thought it was strange that it came on
>> but now I see why.  extreme-tuxracer is giving me (>50%) more FPS with
>> this update.
>
> Intel DRM has been improved, I noticed that too - probably due to
> framebuffer compression.
>
> KMS is enabled by default because the next intel driver version will
> require it to work.

With KMS on, my screen flickers every 20sec or so.  Tried with no
xorg.conf and the same thing.  I even got some sort of yellow/orange
screen of death.  I did not use KMS with 2.6.31 so this may not be
kernel related.  I'll look into it later but disabling kms from the grub
prompt works fine...

As an aside, how do you see the resolution for the tty's with KMS?
Native is really too high a resolution for me.

Allan