[arch-dev-public] radeon (X200m/RS480) kernel 2.6.32-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 6 10:50:26 EST 2009

Andreas Radke schrieb:
> 1) as posted some weeks ago: early KMS mode is broken for me.
> mkinitcpio fails to load the firmware though the firmware hook is
> enabled and is included in the image. last line I see is:
>
> platform radeon_cp.0: firmware: requesting radeon/R300_cp.bin

Okay, mkinitcpio does add the firmware to the image, the firmware loader
is basically identical to the one in normal userspace and when I switch
the shebang in my normal firmware loader to klibc-dash, it still works.
I cannot find any more possible sources of error in here.

You could add some "echo something > /dev/console" to the firmware.sh
script to see if it finished correctly, or where it hangs.