[arch-dev-public] Punishment needed for not building in a chroot

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 6 18:26:27 EST 2009

On 07/12/2009, Giovanni Scafora <giovanni at archlinux.org> wrote:
> 2009/12/6, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
>>  So, we need a creative punishment for those that causes bugs by not
>> building in a clean chroot.  It is too early in the morning for me to be
>> creative so I am struggling to come up with ideas besides beatings and
>> removal of commit privileges.  Any better ideas?
>
> I noticed that mpd packages have been built by Ionut (for x86_64) and
> Andrea (for i686)
> I know, and I'm sure, that Ionut always use a clean chroot (I always
> use a clean chroot too).
> Andrea, do you use a clean chroot for building your i686 packages?
I ever use a clean chroot to build packages, you can trust or untrust
me for this.
You can see how much bugs like this was assigned to me in the last
months. I think none.
I updated to kernel 2.6.32 manually and without aufs2, so I built mpd
in my system, but I am sure I used namcap as ever I do.
I don't understand how this happened, but the only explanation is that
I was distracted and I am sorry for this.
Don't start a flame against me cause I think I am one of the few
people which ever use ours development tools.

Regards

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer