[arch-dev-public] why not Iron?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Dec 9 08:15:44 EST 2009

I've already thought about this a few times though I haven't used it
mayself so far.

I have a big problem with google's way violating users privacy. That's the
reason I'd rather like to see us packaging Iron:
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Another major issue I see is the included 3rd branch of webkit. Right we
package webkit-gtk and Qt ships it's own webkit. It would be stupid to
build another browser inclusing its own static webkit branch.

And there's one more major issue: Google calls their software open source.
But the development process is happing behind closed doors.

For now: -1 from me for any Google applications in our official repos. But
I can imagine to provide Iron packaged in the community repo.

-Andy