[arch-dev-public] catalyst state

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Feb 5 17:28:10 EST 2009

just to inform you what I have sent to the closed AMD/Ati Beta mailing
list:

I'm just building the packages for the final 9-1 driver for ArchLinux
and run into this issue:

(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so failed (/usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Our 64bit port is built like CLFS as a pure 64bit without multilib support
and puts all libs into /lib and /usr/lib instead of /lib64 and /usr/lib64.

Is there any workaround other than creating an unwanted symlink or the weird
sed on libglx.so (see http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59685)
that I expect to be a license breaker.

-Andy

So far as expected no response. The mailing list is of poor state and low traffic.
Most times SuSE, Ubuntu and Fedora packagers report what games don't work.

We are a small distribution and and don't use their(AMD/Ati) "service" of an own build script.
And I'm one of the OSS people that don't like to support closed stuff more than really needed.

I once stepped into Travis foot steps without really wanting it and every month I have to
spend more time on it than I want. I only have a notebook with a X300m card and don't
play games at all. So I cannot confirm any bug.

The only thing I check is glxinfo/glxgears and Xorg.x.log

What do you all think? Is there another Developer wanting to maintain it in a good way or
should we think about moving this pkg into community where it seems there's more interest.

-Andy