[arch-dev-public] faad2/ffmpeg/x264 update/rebuild

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:50:34 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There will be an upcoming update to faad2, ffmpeg and x264. Both faad2
> and x264 will have an soname bump so a rebuild will be neccessary.
> I'll do the rebuilds.  I'll also check for updates and trivial bug
> reports to do at the same time..
>
> The packages that will be rebuilt are:
> ==faad2 rebuild
>
> avidemux
> cmus
> faad2
> ffmpeg
> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
> mpd
> muine
> mythmusic
> streamripper
> vlc
> xine-lib
>
> ==x264 rebuild
>
> avidemux
> ffmpeg
> gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
> motion
> mplayer
> opal
> transcode
> vlc
> x264

The rebuilds are in testing now. They are:

avidemux
cmus
faad2                    - Upstream update, Updated LICENSE file,
Compiled with -fPIC option (needed for muine)
ffmpeg                  - Upstream update, Added qt-faststart utility
(close FS#13298)
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
mpd                       - Upstream update, Added glib2 and curl
depends, Added mod support, cleaned up .install file (close FS#12282)
mplayer                  - Enabled lirc support (close FS#12989),
Added XvMC support (close FS#13265), Added FM radio support (close
FS#11480)
muine                     - Added gnome-icon-theme makedepends
mythmusic
opal
pal
streamripper          -  Upstream update
vlc
x264                       - Upstream update
xine-lib

Motion and transcode didn't need to be rebuilt. They just needed a
rebuilt ffmpeg.  Please test and report any problems or missed
rebuilds.

Eric