[arch-dev-public] Scripting large rebuilds

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:26:36 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>
>> Hey guys,
>> Does anyone have any scripts that they use for mass-rebuilds (such as
>> the readline rebuild)? I would like to get more tools of the sort into
>> devtools, so want to see if anyone has anything existing that I could
>> import / use for this purpose.
>>
>> If not, I will write one to do this with makechrootpkg (yay, chroots)
>> to make this easier.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aaron
>>

> Not directly but the attached script could be useful. It takes a file of
> package names and determines the order they need built.  At the moment it
> parses pacman output to get depends so it misses makedeps so that needs
> fixed.

Looks neat - might be useful in devtools on its own.

> Can makeworld be adjusted to do what you are looking for?

Hmm probably not. I was thinking something like:
$ omg-rebuilds /path/to/svn/checkout /path/to/chroot/dir -- readline
bash foo bar baz

Or something to that effect, that would not only build all packages in
a chroot, but auto-bump the pkgrels and dump the correct results to
your svn dir, for a later run of testingpkg...