[arch-dev-public] bash 4.0 / readline 6.0 rebuilds

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:43:20 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:37:31 -0600
> schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
>
>> So bash 4.0 is out, and there's lots of neat little changes, but this
>> also requires readline 6.0, which is a big old nasty soname change.
>
> So far I'm the maintainer. I guess more likely unwanted because it was
> a long time orphan? If you think it should be in one hand along bash
> feel free to take it from me. I'm busy with other stuff.

If you want to do this, you're more then welcome to - I just say bash
4.0 was out, got excited, and noticed they also released a new
readline at the same time... and I started doing that and just figured
I might as well do the rebuilds too.

If you want me to maintain readline, I can, as it's very closely tied
to bash. I'll leave it up to you :)