[arch-dev-public] Fixing licenses / sources

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:31:47 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009 20:20:01 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>>> Additionally, please check
>>> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/sources/failed.txt
>>
>> Are you sure about this list? I have checked some of my packages listed there
>> and except of openssl all work.
>
> Well, the error output is a LITTLE bit goofy - it includes failures
> for licenses, I think.
>
> Right now, we only maintain sources for packages with licenses in
> LGPL, LGPL2, GPL, GPL2. If the package doesn't have one of those, it's
> reported as a failure. I've pushed a fix for this so that license
> errors are still output, but the run is counted as success.

Well, for now, at least the packages in /var/log/sourceballs should be
fixed (in some cases they're just out-of-date).  These are the real
failiures.  The rest is missing/invalid license and licenses for which
we don't create sourceballs.  And I would like to know who's willing
to help out fixing packages with missing licenses to make sure there's
no duplication of work. That's the 2 important things to do  at
present.

BTW, I noticed that errors.txt  doesn't print the name of the package
which generated the error. So it's practically useless for now.  Once
that'll be fixed, we'll know which packages have a missing/invalid
license.