[arch-dev-public] Fixing licenses / sources

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:38:00 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>>> Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009 20:20:01 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>>>> Additionally, please check
>>>> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/sources/failed.txt
>>> Are you sure about this list? I have checked some of my packages listed there
>>> and except of openssl all work.
>> Well, the error output is a LITTLE bit goofy - it includes failures
>> for licenses, I think.
>> Right now, we only maintain sources for packages with licenses in
>> LGPL, LGPL2, GPL, GPL2. If the package doesn't have one of those, it's
>> reported as a failure. I've pushed a fix for this so that license
>> errors are still output, but the run is counted as success.
> Well, for now, at least the packages in /var/log/sourceballs should be
> fixed (in some cases they're just out-of-date).  These are the real
> failiures.  The rest is missing/invalid license and licenses for which
> we don't create sourceballs.  And I would like to know who's willing
> to help out fixing packages with missing licenses to make sure there's
> no duplication of work. That's the 2 important things to do  at
> present.
> BTW, I noticed that errors.txt  doesn't print the name of the package
> which generated the error. So it's practically useless for now.  Once
> that'll be fixed, we'll know which packages have a missing/invalid
> license.

Also, failed.txt should only list the packages that have a
corresponding failed log in /var/log/sourceballs. Packages with a
non-GPL license shouldn't appear in it; these should appear in
errors.txt only.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list