[arch-dev-public] [signoff] wpa_supplicant 0.6.8-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Feb 28 13:47:35 EST 2009

wpa_supplicant declared the 0.6 branch as stable, changes compared to
the old version are:

- Disabled prism54, hostap, madwifi and IPW drivers, these should all be
obsolete and work with the "wext" driver. If any problems occur, I can
enable them again, but I think having only wext is enough.
- Enabled the new nl80211 driver. This has additional features over the
wext driver, like setting the country code (this driver currently only
works with compat-wireless or maybe 2.6.29 release candidates)
- Enabled readline support for wpa_cli
- Enabled WPS (WiFi protected setup), I don't know if anyone really
wants that, but it is there now.

wpa_supplicant_gui has also been considerably improved.

Please sign off.