[arch-dev-public] [signoff] inetutils-1.5-1

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:53:03 EST 2009

Hi all,

As previously discussed
(http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-December/009353.html)
I've just added  inetutils-1.5-1in testing to implement FS#12281. This
new package will provide the following network clients/daemons:
ftp/ftpd
rexec/rexecd
rlogin/rlogind
rsh/rshd
talk/talkd
telnet/telnetd
rcp.

It will replace the following packages:
core/netkit-telnet
extra/netkit-ftp
extra/netkit-rsh
On a related note, netkit-tftp will be remove from the repo in favor
of tftp-hpa. The inetutils tools can also profide a tftp
client/server. It's currently not included in the inetutils package.
We could provide them in a separate package if there is sufficient
demand.

As inetutils will go to core as it will replace a core package, it
will require the usual 2 signoffs.  Signoff from users will be
appreciated as well as these network  tools have a low usage these
days. Please indicate what specific client/daemon you tested.  Because
it's a totally new package, I'll keep it in testing for at least a
week to give more time to test.

Eric