[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libarchive 2.6.0

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Jan 3 07:00:22 EST 2009

Am Fri, 2 Jan 2009 20:43:56 -0600
schrieb "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> Hey guys,
>
> Looking for a signoff for libarchive 2.6.0. I had to apply one small
> patch to fix a problem I found running pactest on the pacman source,
> so it is fairly well-tested already.
>
> On another note- I compiled *without* LZMA support, which is now
> available as of this release. I would like to eventually compile this
> in, but it would require us to move the lzma-utils package to core.
> Any big objections to moving this in so libarchive can be compiled
> with LZMA support?
>
> -Dan

works fine here. signoff x86_64.

I'd like to keep unneeded packages out of core. I see no need to move
lzma into core. We only support tar.gz for our repos. Whoever wants to
use a different format can rebuild libarchive easily.

I also wonder if our new tar package now supports lzma and lzop
compression (no tests so far). Both packages were not present when
building the tar package in he chroot. But even when it's now possible
to use these formats at runtime they should stay in extra until we may
use them for our repos.

-Andy