[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28-2

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:08:31 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi guys, new kernel adresses the following things:
> just a quick rebuild fixing karma support and bumped depend on mkinitcpio
> 0.5.20.
>
> please signoff for both arches
>
> I would like to move in kernel, klibc, mkinitcpio,module-init-tools and binary
> modules on tuesday to core if you are all fine with it.

The wireless regulatory stuff has to go as well, right? What is our
upgrade path for this, as most users won't just know they need to
install the new packages (but making them a depend is not correct
either)? optdepends might work here as a warning would be shown in the
pacman output, but I would definitely include this in the news item as
well.

-Dan