[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28-3

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 6 11:54:08 EST 2009

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Showstopper:
>> klibc needs to be fixed. It breaks compilation of tools.
>
> Could you be more specific? There was some talk on the klibc ML about
> recent kernel changes, so I'd like to know what is broken. Perhaps it
> is fixable (and Debian may have changes already)

klibc didn't build against 2.6.28 because some asm headers are now in
arch/x86/include/ instead of include/asm-x86/. I added a quick-fix to
the Makefile so klibc would build. However, I forgot that these headers
weren't installed either, so now klcc does not compile anything that
needs any of those headers (I didn't notice because I didn't have to
recompile the klibc-* packages). This means: klibc works as a runtime
library, but klcc is useless.

klibc has released a new version, but this was not fixed (however, the
ext4 detection was fixed by Theodore Ts'o himself, so this is probably
better than what I did).