[arch-dev-public] Building in chroots

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 13 23:20:53 EST 2009

Hi,

It has come to my attention that some people are not building packages
in a clean chroot and others are managing the chroots themselves so I
wrote a brief wiki entry on the scripts provided in devtools to do this
[1].  Any comments on how to improve it would be appreciated.  I have
not added a section on using these tools to build i686 packages on
x86_64 as I have not attempted that, so if someone could try that out
and add it to the page, that would be appreciated.

[1]
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot

Cheers,
Allan