[arch-dev-public] Switch to wpa_supplicant development branch?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 14 20:58:48 EST 2009

I just tried wpa_supplicant 0.6.7. Right now we have the 0.5 (stable)
branch of wpa_supplicant in our repositories. The benefit of the 0.6
branch are:

- WPS support
- The qt GUI has been improved a lot
- Supports the nl80211 interface which can be used instead the wext
driver for wireless extensions. This includes the possibility to set the
country code in the wpa_supplicant configuration file.

I don't know how buggy the development branch is, I can only say that it
worked for me without any problems.

Opinions?