[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash 3.2.048-3, texinfo 4.13a-2, glibc 2.9-3

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:31:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> These three packages contain fixes for our core dep-cycle that was
> discussed in another thread.
>
> Changes:
> texinfo now scans *all* info files on install (not on upgrade)
> - this means that packages do not need direct deps, as it will pick up
> all info files when it's installed
> glibc and bash no longer require/depend on texinfo
> - existence of install-info is checked before running it
>
> Please signoff. The install ISOs need these packages to ensure
> installation happens cleanly.

$ pacSu --ignore openoffice-base
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: openoffice-base: ignoring package upgrade (3.0.0-4 => 3.0.1-1)
resolving dependencies...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: glibc will be installed before its bash dependency
looking for inter-conflicts...

Something doesn't seem quite right here, I thought this resolved these
issues? Or did that only pertain to info?

-Dan