[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash 3.2.048-3, texinfo 4.13a-2, glibc 2.9-3

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 00:21:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> These three packages contain fixes for our core dep-cycle that was
>> discussed in another thread.
>>
>> Changes:
>> texinfo now scans *all* info files on install (not on upgrade)
>> - this means that packages do not need direct deps, as it will pick up
>> all info files when it's installed
>> glibc and bash no longer require/depend on texinfo
>> - existence of install-info is checked before running it
>>
>> Please signoff. The install ISOs need these packages to ensure
>> installation happens cleanly.
>>

> $ pacSu --ignore openoffice-base
> :: Starting full system upgrade...
> warning: openoffice-base: ignoring package upgrade (3.0.0-4 => 3.0.1-1)
> resolving dependencies...
> warning: dependency cycle detected:
> warning: glibc will be installed before its bash dependency
> looking for inter-conflicts...
>
> Something doesn't seem quite right here, I thought this resolved these
> issues? Or did that only pertain to info?

That's a totally different dep cycle. bash needs glibc because, well,
it does. glibc needs bash because of the scriptlet... I think.
Actually I didn't check that part - this was only for the info thing.

Regarding the bash dep of glibc - scriptlets don't require bash as
they use the bash shell from the parent. Why does glibc need bash?