[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash 3.2.048-3, texinfo 4.13a-2, glibc 2.9-3

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 29 00:25:07 EST 2009

Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:31:13 -0600
> schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Aaron Griffin
>> <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> These three packages contain fixes for our core dep-cycle that was
>>> discussed in another thread.
>>>
>>> Changes:
>>> texinfo now scans *all* info files on install (not on upgrade)
>>> - this means that packages do not need direct deps, as it will pick
>>> up all info files when it's installed
>>> glibc and bash no longer require/depend on texinfo
>>> - existence of install-info is checked before running it
>>>
>>> Please signoff. The install ISOs need these packages to ensure
>>> installation happens cleanly.
>>>

>> $ pacSu --ignore openoffice-base
>> :: Starting full system upgrade...
>> warning: openoffice-base: ignoring package upgrade (3.0.0-4 =>
>> 3.0.1-1) resolving dependencies...
>> warning: dependency cycle detected:
>> warning: glibc will be installed before its bash dependency
>> looking for inter-conflicts...
>>
>> Something doesn't seem quite right here, I thought this resolved these
>> issues? Or did that only pertain to info?
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> The update went smooth here with pacman from current.
>
> Everything's working here (x86_64). If the dep cycle is solved we will
> see when we start testing the new ISOs.

There still appears to be some issues:

 > sudo mkarchroot /home/tmp/root base
Targets (102): kernel-headers-2.6.27.6-2  tzdata-2008i-1  glibc-2.9-3
               ncurses-5.7-2  texinfo-4.13a-2  readline-5.2.013-1
               bash-3.2.048-3  dash-0.5.5.1-1  attr-2.4.41-1  acl-2.2.47-1
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: glibc will be installed before its bash dependency
(  1/102) installing kernel-headers
[#####################] 100%
(  2/102) installing tzdata
[#####################] 100%
(  3/102) installing glibc
[#####################] 100%
(  4/102) installing ncurses
[#####################] 100%
(  5/102) installing texinfo
[#####################] 100%
error: scriptlet failed to execute correctly
(  6/102) installing readline
[#####################] 100%
(  7/102) installing bash
[#####################] 100%
(  8/102) installing dash
[#####################] 100%
(  9/102) installing attr
[#####################] 100%

Note that a "pacman -Rd texinfo" followed by "pacman -S --asdep texinfo"
give no errors so it is an install order issue.

Also,

 > sudo mkarchroot /home/tmp/root kernel26 pacman grub initscripts sysvinit
warning: provider package was selected (gawk provides awk)
warning: provider package was selected (util-linux-ng provides util-linux)
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: bash will be installed before its glibc dependency
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: ncurses will be installed before its glibc dependency
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: readline will be installed before its glibc dependency
( 1/35) installing ncurses
[#####################] 100%
( 2/35) installing texinfo
[#####################] 100%
error: scriptlet failed to execute correctly
( 3/35) installing readline
[#####################] 100%
( 4/35) installing bash
[#####################] 100%
error: scriptlet failed to execute correctly
( 5/35) installing kernel-headers
( 6/35) installing tzdata
( 7/35) installing glibc

This one is what I think is the bare minimal install for a booting
system so should work...

Allan