[arch-dev-public] Ohloh

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 19:47:47 EDT 2009

Hello!

This is not really related to a 'real job' (sorry!) but it's quite interesting
since it represents Arch on a quite large FOSS-related site,
and it is actually an interesting source of statistics.

As someone of you may know - there are Arch Linux related projects
registered on Ohloh:
* Arch Linux - most git repositories from projects.archlinux.org
* Arch Linux Packages - our SVN and community CVS
(we should add community SVN when it's ready, but make sure old CVS
history is retained)
* AUR - aur.git
* Arch Linux Installer - installer.git (but not aif.git)
* Pacman - pacman.git

Is this structure OK or does someone have a suggestions for changes?
For example, would it be better to move aif.git to Arch Linux Installer
or merge installer.git into Arch Linux? (IMO 2nd way i's better).

They also have Managers feature now, so it would be nice if Aaron
(they suggest that it should be "Someone who works on the project.
Ideally the owner, founder, lead developer, or release manager.")
took management of all our projects and modified permissions
to protect from vandalism.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)