[arch-dev-public] Time to go forward with arch=any?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 11:11:16 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Firmicus<Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:

> I've just prepared pre-release packages of TeXLive 2009. They should be
> ready for release (upstream) within the next 4-8 weeks. Before that, I'd
> *really* love to benefit from arch=any. That would save considerable
> space on gerolde, as well as bandwidth, and would also speed up my task
> with building/uploading.
>
> Any prospect of making the transition to the new dbscripts soon? We
> could use the testing repo first to check that everything runs as expected.

OK, for testing purposes I've checked out the dbscripts HEAD in
/arch-new on gerolde. This has potential support for 'any' packages
AND split packages

Please test them and let me know if there are any errors (I can fix
them, or you can send me a patch)

I've created testing/os/any on gerolde (the others may error out
because of the missing dir).

This should use symlinks so no one needs to update pacman.conf, correct?