[arch-dev-public] Time to go forward with arch=any?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 07:22:33 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Firmicus schrieb:
>>
>>> Yeah, this is it. The new ftpdir-cleanup script should be ok, at least
>>> from what I can read...
>>> I don't have time now, but tomorrow morning I shall be able to the tests.
>>>
>>> Good night,
>>>

>> All should be working now, Aaron fixed it. We now have 3 -any packages
>> sitting in the repository, yay!
>>

> And the cron job will delete the symlinks when it runs :S
>
> Can you give a once-over on the /arch-new cron job? If that is all
> good, I can point cron to that one until we move this

Wait ... there are still a few things to improve in ftpdir-cleanup.

For instance if one of the out-of-date packages in $DELETEFILES is a
symlink to an "any" file, that symlink will be removed, but not the
original file.

Also, I would prefer to have that script take care of all arches at
once, like the new db-update script does. That's the easiest way to
handle the above situation:
if an "any" package is outdated for both arches, then remove both
symlinks AND the actual file. But if it is only outdated for one arch,
then remove that symlink but keep the original file.

I have rewritten the ftp-cleanup script this morning. I'm going to
revise it now and should submit my patches very soon.