[arch-dev-public] Time to go forward with arch=any?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 15:35:23 EDT 2009

Firmicus a écrit :
> Aaron wrote:
>
>> Ok, one question - if you run this on core or extra.... does it work?
>> That's how I nearly blew up core (thankfully, you can just cp the
>> packages out of package-cleanup)
>>

> Well, I am 95% sure it would, but only a test run would demonstrate it.
>
> Should I try? ;)

I just copied /arch-new/misc-scripts/ftpdir-cleanup to
~francois/bin/misc-scripts/ftpdir-fakecleanup
where I have commented out the "dangerous" actions (mv, ln -s, rm).
Turns out it ran just fine on extra:

[francois at gerolde bin]$ misc-scripts/ftpdir-fakecleanup extra
/srv/package-cleanup
Scan complete for extra (i686) at /srv/ftp/extra/os/i686
(nothing to do for i686)
Scan complete for extra (x86_64) at /srv/ftp/extra/os/x86_64
(nothing to do for x86_64)
Checking arch-independent files...

and likewise with extra.

So, here we go!