[arch-dev-public] kde-unstable -> trunk

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Jul 23 15:47:06 EDT 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 21:28:41 Aaron Griffin wrote:
> As for moving it to testing (the other thread that became a db-scripts
> discussion), let's hold off until pacman 3.3 is in testing. The reason
> for this is simple: no one would be able to use ABS to build these
> packages.

That's fine. Afaik pacman 3.3 will be released this month. :-)

So, my plan is now this: current development will be in trunk as this makes 
things easier and we can use devtools/archrelease and such.

We will prepare KDE 4.3 and the needed rebuilds in kde-unstable and when 
pacman 3.3 will be released we can move it to testing or extra.

> On a similar note: Allan, will ABS be able to properly handle split
> packages?

Do you mean the abs that downloads the sources to /var/abs? That one is 
working fine already with kde-unstable; it just does not need to know about 
split packages. Only makepkg and db-scripts are involved.


Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list