[arch-dev-public] Updating ABS

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Jul 24 22:27:50 EDT 2009

There have been a lot of changes going on to the repos and ABS needs
updated to reflect these.  As it see it the following need fixed:

1) arch=('any') support
Fix commited to git

2) split package support
Currently the PKGBUILD is only found in /var/abs/$repo/$pkgbase.  This
would make it difficult to find a split package directly.  Should the
db-scripts add symlinks from $pkgbase to ${pkgname[@]}?  That would have
a bonus effect of reserving at the split package names.

3) community support
I can see this being achieved in two ways
 - svn2abs is run on sigurd then rsynced to gerolde
 - svn2abs is run directly on gerolde (requires complete svn checkout on
gerolde)
The second is easier but uses a bit more resources.

4) community-testing support.  Comes directly as part of #3 but will
need to be added to the abs.conf file

So should we do anything for #2 (requires changes to db-scripts) and
which is the best way to go for #3?

Allan