[arch-dev-public] 2009.08 snaphots time plan (FYI)

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Thu Jul 30 13:14:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

we currently announced 2009.08-beta1 [1]. Our time plan (if we don't get
any showstopper) to RC and final release is:
2009.08-RC on Monday, 3. August 2009
2009.08 Final latest on 9. August 2009

I've build a iso with testing repo enabled to see if we get any problem
with packages current in testing but maybe on the release in core/extra
- but all seems to work fine.

But if you plan other transitions before release date (or if you see
anything what could break the images) please hold them back until the
release is done.
Or leave a reply to us...

Open issues for the release which belongs to core/extra packages:
FS#15378 - mkinitcpio does not load usb module
Also we wait on initscripts 2009.07-3 (and related packages) enter to
core to solve a problem witch hwclock syncing during liveCD shutdown.

Regards
	Gerhard "gerbra"

[1] http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2009-July/000597.html