[arch-dev-public] [signoffs] openvpn, mkinitcpio, cryptsetup, initscripts

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 30 13:28:32 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> All of these packages should be moved to core so they can be included in the
>> ISOs:
>>
>> mkinitcpio: Just a one-commit change, has been in testing for a while, just
>> no signoff thread (was waiting for full -any support)
>
> I don't know if I fully tested this or not, so I don't want to jump
> into the signoff.

For your convenience:
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=mkinitcpio.git;a=commitdiff;h=2c1570f8a4f5bc75683e370763a0ee3526d7e514

This is necessary for 2.6.30 users that have strange usb mass storage
extensions. It is also necessary for providing an all-powerful Arch USB
installation that will boot anywhere (needs autodetect disabled).

>> cryptsetup: nobody ever replied, works fine here
>
> Here, have my signoff :)

Just because you don't use it.

>> initscripts: no idea, but gerbra says he needs a fix that is included here.
>
> I think we should put out a new release with the 3 commits in there,
> and get that moved quickly. Opinions?

If we do it quickly, then yes. Otherwise I'd say let Allan move out his
stuff, and then move the new stuff to testing.