[arch-dev-public] [signoffs] openvpn, mkinitcpio, cryptsetup, initscripts

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Thu Jul 30 16:22:51 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 30.07.2009, 21:38 +0300 schrieb Roman Kyrylych:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 20:44, Gerhard Brauer<gerhard.brauer at web.de> wrote:
> >
> > The initscripts 2009.07-3 are not really a MUST,  we use currently a
> > patched version of 2009.03-2 on the iso/images.
> IMO using any package specifically patched for iso image is not a good idea.

Generally you're right, but this package contains only this commit:

We prevent only that the hwclock is changed by rc.shutdown after the
installer has set the time correctly. Without this patch UTC bios clock
users will flood us with bugreports ;-)
A LiveCd has never, never, ever to change anything on users hardware...