[arch-dev-public] changes to webinterface for Community repo support

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:31:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Roman
Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The "View SVN Entries" link does not work for community packages.
> Probably it's because viewvc does not work for community yet
> (http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/?root=community
> An Exception Has Occurred)
> But I think we may need to add &root=community
> to that link for all packages in community.
>
> The "Bug Reports" link leads to "Arch Linux" project
> which will increase the amount of bugs reported in a wrong category.
> ?project=5 should be added for community packages.

Speaking of the bug tracker, would it be possible to merge the
Community section with the Arch Linux section (i.e. add a "Packages:
Community" category) so that all packages bugs will be in one project?
The only reason for a seperate project for community packages that I
can think of is to handle permissions as we don't want TU to close
bugs for core/extra packages.  If we could setup the permissions
correctly, a single section for packages bugs would facilitate things
for peoples who maintains packages in both core/extra and community
and for users who occasionnally submit their bugs in the wrong
project.