[arch-dev-public] Removing fam from [extra]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 11 08:22:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to remove fam from [extra].  It is old, uses dnotify rather
than the better inotify and does not build without lots of patches.  It
seems the patches we do use create Arch specific issues with log file
filling (FS#14623).  Finally, gamin does most of the job fam does but
better and it is currently in the [community] repo.

Any objections?  Also, should I bring gamin to [extra] as a replacement
or leave it in [community]? I really do not care which....

Allan