[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.30-2

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 08:47:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski<t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> kernel26-2.6.30-2
> please signoff, both arches.
> And tell me your opinion about madwifi and openswan-klisp
>
> Arch Linux changes:
> - changed to lzma kernel compression
Any real reason for this besides the fact that it is newer and sexier?
It is also slower, and I doubt we have many Arch users that need the
benefits of a slightly smaller compressed kernel on disk (esp since it
all needs to be unpacked in memory anyway).

> Remove binary modules from extra?
> Guys opinions on this?
> madwifi -> AUR # supported by ath5k and ath9k normally
> openswan-klisp -> AUR # broken since ages
+1 to this from me. I know I ditched madwifi a while back in favor of ath5k.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to signoff on everything yet, but looking
good so far on x86_64 with the radeon driver that finally supports
DRI/Xv on my video card.

-Dan