[arch-dev-public] status of vi/vim in testing

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Wed Jun 17 11:28:45 EDT 2009

Hiya,

	my main gripe with nvi is the not missing bad badly broken support
for unicode stuff. I didn't have time to check out how and if other
distros deal with it. However I'm all for keeping vim out of core. about
the renaming, I couldn't care less. But the main point is that LSB
expects a vi. A binary name that is. And that's why I'm perfectly fine
with keeping the package name. Nvi by default installes itself as vi.

I have a few more changes for vim/gvim which I will get up this week.

	-T