[arch-dev-public] PHP 5.3.0
pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jun 30 09:22:56 EDT 2009
So, a new major version of PHP was released. (in fact on there servers for
some days now).
Before people send me mails and flag the hell out here are some notes:
* I wont release anything before the readline and libjpeg rebuilds are done
and in core/extra
* I had to remove the character set directive from my.cnf to make mysqlnd work
* I had to add some ugly workarounds to some of my scripts to make them work
* The API has changed; so we need new versions of the external modules. The
latest beta of APC seems to work fine; a new suhosin extension has not been
released yet. But I'd bet that will happen quite soon.
* I guess a lot of scripts will need updates.
Long story short: I have to wait for the rebuild move and new release of the
external extensions to put it into testing. And it should stay there for some
Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre
More information about the arch-dev-public