[arch-dev-public] Generating rebuild lists

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 2 11:28:06 EST 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Montag, 2. März 2009 09:27:04 schrieb Allan McRae:
>
>> Any comments on the script before I make the git patch to push it to
>> devtools?
>>

> Nice. Would be better to pass a package name to it. Something like:
> 	rebuildlist $(pacman -Qql kdelibs | grep ".*\.so")

I like passing the library names because I have had some packages which
only bump one of their many library sonames (e.g. heimdal on a minor
version update...).  I could add a flag to pass a package.

> PS: Why does the -q switch not work here? Is this a pacman bug or just a
> missing feature?

Missing feature is my guess.  -q normally removes pkgver-pkgrel info so
I guess this case was not considered.

Allan