[arch-dev-public] dropping Gnash?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 5 14:03:52 EST 2009

Andreas Radke schrieb:
> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
>
> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
>
> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
> for Adobe flash.

I just read an article today about new developments in gnash:
http://www.heise.de/open/Freier-Flash-Player-macht-Fortschritte--/news/meldung/134036/from/rss09
English: http://www.h-online.com/open/Gnash-0-85-release--/news/112779
Maybe it is better than swfdec now, who knows

The project is alive, but I don't particularly care about it since
Adobe's 64 bit beta player works good enough for me. If you want to drop
it, then do it.