[arch-dev-public] dropping Gnash?

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:19:57 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
>> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
>>
>> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
>>
>> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
>> for Adobe flash.
>
> It's sad that gnash isn't more well loved, but if you don't have the
> time required to maintain it, perhaps a TU would be better.
>
> Unless someone wants to pick it up... how often do they update?

If they don't update often and if no other dev/TU is willing to adopt
it, I could just update it for this time being.  Lately, I've been
busy updating orphaned packages so a couple more won't matter ;).  In
fact, I was about to post a status report on the remaining ones.  I
will do that sometime soon.