[arch-dev-public] Move the catalyst drivers from extra to AUR/Community

Eduardo Romero k3nsai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:38:30 EST 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 03:57:19 pm Travis Willard wrote:

> And hot on the heels of this decision - AMD's dropping support for
> anything older than a Radeon HD 2000:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_r500_legacy&num=1
And even hotter in the heels: ATI/AMT digs its own grave: 9.3 won't have
xorg-server 1.6 support, so we will have to wait until 9.4 in April, maybe
that will be middle to late april, so I say, as soon as someone takes this to
AUR or Community this should be removed without a pity, they just
demonstrate little seriousness to Linux and its support.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzExOQ

Wow, I'm starting to appreciate more and more my Nvidia card on my
desktop, I never have to pray for them to work after an upgrade, for ATI I
have to make a whole group of prayers for the sake of seeing the catalyst
driver boot up X fine after an upgrade.