[arch-dev-public] new syslog-ng 3.x opinions?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:58:55 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi guys
> while looking at those 2 bugs, i just bumped to new syslog-ng 3.x series.
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6980
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10776
>
> Changes:
> - adopted new syntax to config file
> - disable stats logging by default,
>  it just floods everything with useless stats.
>
> Main issue:
> The syntax of config slightly changed and all users with modified syslog-ng
> files need to manually move in the changes from .pacnew file.
>
> Aaron are you fine with bumping it?
> Do we need a install message here?

Hmmm there was some reason I didn't want to jump up to the 3.X series,
but that may have simply been because I wanted to switch to rsyslog
instead...

I'm fine with this, but could you add an install message that says
something to the effect of "Config file syntax has changed, make sure
to update your config file"