[arch-dev-public] Qt 4.5 and its problems

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Mar 7 11:24:51 EST 2009

Am Donnerstag 05 März 2009 00:36:45 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Well, that's the current status. If anyone has a good idea about this let
> me know.

Just a little update. In short: it's a mess.

Somehow phonon-4.3.1 from Qt and KDE are very similar but have some
differences. ATM I try to get KDE working with Qt's phonon. I had a almost
working pacakge in my staging dir when I noticed that kdemulimedia does not
compile anymore; in addition to this dragon is linked against xine-lib. And I
thought phonon was invented to not depend on specific backends...

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn