[arch-dev-public] Integrity Check x86_64 06-03-2009

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 05:40:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>>>
>>> Into extra is fine by me.  Apart from swig + guile, there is the obvious
>>> python dep which is not needed in core.
>>
>> Yeah this one is goofy. Move it to extra, but is there anyway we can
>> remove this makedep from crda?
>
> This is used in the crda PKGBUILD to generate keys-gcrypt.c or
> keys-openssl.c from a public key.
>
> The regulatory database is signed with John Linville's private key, and his
> public key is hardcoded into the crda and regdbdump binaries using these
> source files, to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the regulatory
> database file.
>
> It might be possible to generate these files in advance and download them
> during the build process, but this seems like much work with no real
> benefit. I say we keep the makedepend. Personally, I don't care whether a
> makedepend is in community or not.

I've put python-m2crypto in extra. I won't adopt it so Thomas or
anyone else  interested in python packages should adopt it.

Although, I haven't bumped the pkgrel, there is one difference
between the new package in extra and the old one in community. In the
community package,
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/M2Crypto-0.19.1-py2.6.egg-info is a
directory while it is a file for the package in extra. So, next time
the package is updated, the users with the community package will need
to force the install.  If you think it would be more appropriate, I
could bump the pkgrel and write a news item to deal with this forcing
problem now instead of later.