[arch-dev-public] Integrity Check status page

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:35:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 18:14, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I regularly check out the new results of the Integrity Checks, but it
>> is not always easy to remember which issues were already reported and
>> where.
>> So I created my first wiki page to track that :
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Integrity_Check
>>
>> If you think this page is useful, but could be improved (more
>> information, different layout), suggestions are welcome.
>> Anyway, it could really be useful only if a few dev and TUs could
>> check it and update it regularly.
>>

> It would be better for the integrity scripts to generate some basic
> HTML or something, and that way it could be automated... It seems
> silly to do such things by hand :P

The idea was not to have a html list, but to associate the valid
problems with bug reports.
Checking and deciding which problems are valid probably require a
manual intervention anyway.
I would think that the same applies to searching for existing bug
reports and reporting a new one.

Today I searched for all reported dependency problems in the bug
tracker to find out which ones were already reported and which ones
were new, and I reported the new ones.
Normally next week, I will just have to compare the reported dep
problems with my list, to isolate the new problems faster and with
less work.

I would rather not have to deal with the bug tracker at all, and have
every maintainers just look at the results and fix their problematic
packages, but it does not seem to work that way.