[arch-dev-public] Adding static fuse devnode?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Mar 19 18:53:37 EDT 2009

Would it be possible to add a static fuse device node?
At this moment we have this very ugly text in gvfs post_install:

==>
GVFS requires FUSE to operate correctly

==> To make full use of GVFS, please load the "fuse" kernel module at
bootup.
==> To do so, add 'fuse' to the MODULES array in /etc/rc.conf
==>
==> Without this module, GVFS will not be compatible with applications
that
==> are not GIO-enabled.
==>

Creating the /dev/fuse devicenode by default means the kernel will
autoload it when needed. Is this wanted behaviour, and can we abuse
udev's new static /dev support for this?