[arch-dev-public] Kernel 2.6.29 series moved to testing

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 25 06:53:07 EDT 2009

Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
> added this request:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13486

I thought we said that we only add smack if we can compile it =m (which
we couldn't).

> broken binary modules:
> - aufs
> - lirc
> Please maintainers of those packages fix those.

Are we still adding these weird aufs patches? IMO, the aufs/unionfs
situation should be solved more cleanly. They both require us to patch
the kernel and both are not too clean. There is an ongoing effort to
push aufs2 to mainline, so maybe it is better to use aufs2 instead of aufs?