[arch-dev-public] Kernel 2.6.29 series moved to testing

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Mar 25 07:53:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 21:31 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Apart from the FPS in games going from ~50 to ~10, I have no issues
> (with an Intel 945GM).  Going to try KMS but I haven't had much
> success
> with that during the RC stage...

Enabling KMS makes performance a bit better, though according to Thomas,
it comes with bad colors. To enable KMS, you'll need this in
modprobe.conf:
option i915 modeset=1

Remember that KMS requires an up2date intel driver with UXA enabled to
work. KMS enabled will not work with non-KMS drivers.

I'll update xf86-video-intel, mesa and everything that's related to this
to the latest branch snapshots. This should improve some things, though
I have no hard results for it yet.