[arch-dev-public] Kernel 2.6.29 series moved to testing

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Mar 25 11:27:45 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 25. März 2009 11:47:08 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> It seems the 2.6.29 kernel has a network issue, which will be fixed in
> .29.1 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/811417
> At the moment keep an downgrade kernel in your cache if you will be
> affected by this bug.

I want to underline this. I have serious problems on two different computers.

* the intel xorg driver just produces garbage
  (tested UXA and EXA; vesa works fine)
* forcedeth stops working after a few minutes
* ipw2200 does not work (it does not find any networks)
* on every boot it complains about broken superblock features and wants to run
  a fs check (ext4; different hds; totally random) -> make backups ;-)
* s626 has to be blacklisted; otherwise udev will take a long time and a
  modporbe process keeps hanging and cannot be killed
* there might be a problem with the nvidia graphics driver

So you better shouldn't use it unless you don't need network access or you
have backups of all your data. :-)

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76