[arch-dev-public] Mysql update

Douglas Soares de Andrade dsandrade at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:37:35 EDT 2009

Em Quarta-feira 25 Março 2009, às 12:13:34, Pierre Schmitz escreveu:
> Am Mittwoch, 25. März 2009 15:50:06 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> > Is skip-innodb no longer compatible? Weird, I remember having that
> > option on one of our databaseservers. Are you sure this mysql is built
> > with innodb support?
>
> Not sure but it seems innodb is no longer supported. I can only create
> myisam, merged and cvs tables.

In part my bad - now to use innodb (and other types) you need to specify in
the ./configure process. Here is the troublemaker:

  --with-plugins=PLUGIN[[[,PLUGIN..]]]
                          Plugins to include in mysqld. (default is: none)
                          Must be a configuration name or a comma separated
                          list of plugins.
                          Available configurations are: none max max-no-ndb
                          all.
                          Available plugins are: partition daemon_example
                          ftexample archive blackhole csv example federated
                          heap innobase myisam myisammrg ndbcluster.

So, im enabling the plugins.