[arch-dev-public] aufs / unionfs / aufs2

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 28 17:24:23 EDT 2009

Okay, I received a few mails from Christopher Rogers who played with
these filesystems and 2.6.29. According to his statements, he could get
aufs2 to compile, but it only actually worked when he omitted the
unionfs patch. Maintaining this patch mess has been a PITA, so I say we
have a choice here: Choose one and drop the rest. I think aufs should
not be considered, but only unionfs or aufs2. I don't use these, but the
people who do should give some input on which one to choose.