[arch-dev-public] [signoff] toolchain

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue May 5 10:21:42 EDT 2009

Am Mon, 04 May 2009 23:54:15 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> Signoffs are needed for the toolchain gcc-4.4.0 rebuild.  This
> involves the following packages
>
> gcc{,-libs}-4.4.0-1
> glibc-2.9-7
> bintuils-2.9-7
> kernel-headers-2.6.29.1-1
>
> and two new deps for gcc:
>
> ppl-0.10.2-2
> cloog-ppl-0.15.3-1
>

> I was going to wait until glibc-2.10 arrived at the end of the week
> to give people time to find fixes for gcc-4.4 issues but there are
> issues with C++ programs compiled with gcc-4.4 running against (or to
> be more precise, not running with) the gcc-4.3 libs.  So not moving
> the toolchain would probably block KDE from moving from [testing].
> Also, Fedora has done their rebuild using gcc-4.4 for F11 so patches
> should be available for any problems encountered.
>
> Allan

Urgh.

Please until I've built all OpenOffice packages for the new release.
They would require massive patching that is not included so far in
go-oo and the vanilla one. It would take me dozens of hours to start
build and wait for breakers one by one :S

So please wait a few more days. I hope to build and upload final 3.1.0
packages within the next 2 or 3 days.

Oh, and shouldn't we rebuild kernel and all modules? Afair we did so
with gcc4.3.

-Andy